Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This crazy day job...

This crazy day job…is actually quite rewarding!
May 3rd, 2010 proved to be a day of yet another change in the life of Shane Schneider.  That day; I started with CLS Consulting Ltd. headquartered out of Lloydminster, AB.  I had left my previous job in the media of over 7 years, had a brand new baby at home, and was about to get married…why the heck would I want to add more stress to my life?   Well, for a number of reasons.  Sometimes – a fresh start may just be the best thing that could happen to you, get rid of your previous life, broaden your horizon.
CLS Consulting Ltd. is an Immigration service provider owned by Sydney Palmer.  Syd created the company 6 or 7 years ago not knowing what the heck he was getting himself into.  Well, if you ask me – I think we have a GREAT thing going.  CLS recruits foreign workers for a variety of jobs; welders, carpenters, mechanics, room attendants, cooks and the list goes on.
Some people ask what it is I actually do.  Do I sell people?  Sure, I guess you could call it that.  The way I look at it, is I help people.  Not only do I help business owners fulfill their employment needs – but I also help foreigners have a fresh start in this great country.
How our business works is we receive requests from businesses asking us to help fill their employment needs.  Whether they are having a tough time filling the positions or they just can’t find anybody suitable for the job, that’s where we come in.  NO, we are not here to steal jobs from Canadians; we are here to simply help fill the jobs that you can’t find Canadians to do.
To date, we have a proven track record of providing experienced, qualified candidates to Canadian businesses in need of workers.  We have a great team here at the office, and we don’t bring any applicant to Canada who we haven’t thoroughly screened first.  Sydney (our company owner) regularly goes to the Philippines to conduct screenings.
I’m not going to lie to you; I was scared upon taking this job.  It’s always scary going through a major life change – but I can tell you now a few months in I’m glad I made the decision.
If you or someone you know is in business, and may be in need of our services – please have them touch base with me.  The hiring of foreign workers doesn’t have to be complicated, let my team help.
Employment Solutions
780-808-9187
CLS Consulting Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment